Accommodation in Denmark vary widely depending upon the size, location and other conditions. Rents in small towns i.e., countryside are reasonable price for accommodation, whereas bigger towns like Copenhagen, Aarhus are expensive. Other towns are moderate.
On the following websites, individuals and agencies offer rooms and apartments for rent and sale. You can also place your own ad in English. Some of the websites will charge you a fee to access contact details.
- lejebolig.dk – In English – Flats, shared apartments and rooms.
- bolighit.dk – In English – Flats, shared apartments and rooms.
- boligportal.dk – In English – Flats, shared apartments and rooms.
- boligbasen.dk – In English – Flats, shared apartments and rooms.
- boligsurf.dk – In English – Flats, shared apartments and rooms for rent.
- boligdeal.dk – (Partially English) Site coordinating communication between tenants, buyers and landlords of private housing.
- gromia.com – (Partially English) – Site coordinating communication between tenants and landlords of private housing
- dba.dk – In Danish (use google translation) – List of flats and rooms for rent. Some ads are free to view.
- boligoensker.dk – In Danish (use google translation) – All around housing and accomodation
- lejerbo.dk -Lejerbo adminsters apartments across Denmark, including youth housing.
- boliga.dk – In Danish (use google translation) -Student housing, flats, shared apartments and rooms for rent
- http://www.ledige-lejligheder.dk– In Danish (use google translation) – Site coordinating communication between tenants, buyers and landlords of private housing
- akutbolig.dk – In Danish (use google translation) – Site coordination communication between tenants and landlords of private housing
- findbolig.nu – In Danish (use google translation) – Student housing, flats, shared apartments and rooms for rent. With links to landlords/Real Estate Agents.
- Affordable price hostel: Danhostel.dk
- Paying guest: airbnb.com
STUDENTS ACCOMMODATIONS LINKS:
There are also local websites, which cover student housing within a specific city. Best Link to check all the student housing across Denmark: Click Here
- Link to check all the student hosing across Denmark: Click Here
- ungdomsboliger.dk – (‘youthhousing.dk’)
- Copenhagen: Click Here
- Aarhus: Click Here
- Odense: Link1 ; Link2
- Esbjerg: Click Here
- Aalborg: Click Here
- Sønderborg: Click Here
Rent from outgoing students (short-term rent):
If you are looking for housing for a shorter period (e.g. as an exchange student) one option could be to contact Danish students who will be studying abroad in the same time period that you will be studying in Denmark. You can use a service such as www.Housinganywhere.com connecting ingoing with outgoing exchange students. You could also try asking the individual student houses (listed above) if they could facilitate a shorter sublet.
While crime-rates in Denmark are low, scams do occur. Here is how to avoid them when looking for housing:
- Be on the alert if a person with a room or flat for rent sent you a text message with no visible phone number. These types of messages are sent though the web and may imply a scam.
- Never pay money under the table. It is illegal and you have no legal way of getting your money back.
- Never pay the deposit in cash. Instead make a bank transfer so the transaction can be traced.
- Never pay the rent or deposit via services where you cannot reverse the transaction, such as Moneybookers Escrow or Western Union.
- If you wish to see who owns the property you can do so at boligejer.dk
- Make sure that you receive a contract signed by the current tenant or landlord.
- Always read the contract carefully and make sure that what you agreed on is also confirmed in writing.
- When subleasing make sure that the landlord/owner of the property is informed of the sublease. This will put you in a better position in case of a conflict between the landlord/owner and the person subleasing to you.
- Be on the alert if you are required to sign immediately. Do not feel pressured into signing anything.