In case of an emergency always dial 112. It is a free call which will connect you to the police, fire brigade or hospital. If you need a chemist or dentist, there are a few which are open 24 hours.
Police, fire brigade and ambulance
- Call (+45) 112 for life threatening emergencies and ask for the police, fire department or ambulance service.
- Call (+45) 1813 for injuries or sudden illness and speak to a nurse or doctor, or to go to a hospital emergency department.
- Call (+45) 114 for police, when it is not an emergency.
- Speak slowly and distinctly. State telephone number and address. Emergency calls from public pay phones are free. Go to the website: Danish police in English.
Health: Doctors, hospitals, Dentist, Pregnancy and Childbirth, Pharmacies: CLICK HERE
Sexual assaults: In case of a sexual assault, you should of course always contact the police, but in addition you can contact the Thora Centre anonymously and receive advice and treatment.
Missing children or sexually exploited children: Always contact the police. Then you might want to contact the European Hotline 116 000 for missing or sexually exploited children.
Report a theft:
You can easily report a theft online on the website of the police.
Please note that attacks, housebreaking/burglary or other offences that demand immediate intervention by the police must be reported to the police by phone or by personal application.
In very urgent cases you must call 112.
To contact your local police office, please find addresses and phone numbers on the website of the police.
- Report theft online: Click Here
- Find your local police office: Click Here
Reporting your lost credit card
If your credit card is lost or stolen, it is important to report it immediately.
You can call Nets – a Nordic provider of payments, card and information services – 24 hours, year round.
For Dankort, Visa/Dankort and Visa Electron, please call: +45- 44 89 29 29
For MasterCard, Maestro, Visa and American Express, please call: +45- 44 89 27 50
To deal with unauthorised charges, you must contact your own bank, which can also issue your new credit card.
Embassy of India, Denmark:
Address: Embassy of India,Vangehusvej 15, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark.
Telephone Numbers: +45 39 18 28 88, +45 39 29 92 01, Fax Number: +45 39 27 02 18.
Emergency Mobile no.* : +45-61 59 88 16 (*Kindly note Emergency nos. are not meant for routine enquiries).